Wednesday, October 18, 2006

WHY I DON'T HAVE CABLE TV
First of all, I really don't watch that much tv. Second of all, I have the netflix and get movies delivered to my mailbox, which is good, because theres nothing worse than going to see a movie in public just to have the annoyance of a bunch of idiots crunching snacks in your ear. I hate that!!! So the other day I get this flyer in the mail advertising this new cable special. Now I have very few interests and a short attention span. There are not many channels that I really want to watch, but I'm checking it out to see if it's time to upgrade to the new century. The basic package has a couple channels I like but to get the two or three other channels I want, I have to upgrade to the $1000 a month package that comes with 15 Spanish channels, 3500 home shopping channels, and a bunch of chick-flick all day all night channels. Why the crap don't they just let me pick 15 channels I'll actually watch? I'd pay three times as much per channel and be a happy guy. Can you imagine if a restaurant ran this way??? It'd be like, I want a steak, a salad, a baked potato, and a sweet tea. And they'd say, oh we have all those items sir. The steak is 528.99 and it comes with a yoga class, a snowboard, and some knitting needles. The salad is 237.77 and comes with some bubble bath, fresh flowers, and a box of sanitary napkins. The baked potato is 219.89 and you'll be pleased to know it comes with a workout video, a small pony, and 47 music cd's in Spanish. The sweet tea is award winning. Its 13.35 and comes with a bathtub full of gin, a record player, and plans to build your own experimental aircraft. That'll be a thousand dollars sir, please enjoy your meal.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah be nice to get what you want at a decent price,and not all the extras.Reminds of recently I needed a new cell phone,and just recently had signed 2yr contract.As it goes my phone acted up ,after I'D allready signed a 2 yr contract. So than it was going to cost more than I wanted to pay just to get a phone,or I could sign another 2 yrs with them ,and get the phone free. Like I don't think so Tim!

7:04 PM  
Blogger wrecksE said...

Exactly. The last phone I got they said I could sign a 2 yr contract or but the phone for twenty dollars...hmmmm let me think...

7:14 PM  
Blogger RHV said...

Oh, yeah, don't you hate this?! Course, now that I finally got cable where I live, I appreciate anything other than OETA/PBS. Don't get me wrong, I love Antique Road Show as much as the other guy... but enough is enough!

Tell you what, we can move in together... split the bill. You can have your three channels and I will have my 3500 home shopping channels, and the bunch of chick flick ones too! ;)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

Yeah that "hellavision" will get you every time! You know the TV antanea sp? makes a cross!! It's evil I tell ya!!!!

10:11 AM  
Blogger wrecksE said...

rhv, does anybody really use shop at home channels? I mean, if chicks shopped at home they would have to give up the enjoyment of dragging some poor guy through a mall...

ssssteve, right on the money my bruthu, when Nancy Pelosi is on PBS, it really is like inviting the devil into your home ...

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home