Saturday, October 07, 2006

SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION
So I finally got some music posted on my myspace music site. Everyone has been so patient it's as if they really weren't waiting for it at all hmmm... Anyway, if you're into that hillbilly redneck music (and who isn't) feel free to swing by and check it out. I made 'em all up myself. I added a link on the side bar just to make it easy for ya. Feel free to download anything you might like there as its the only way you can get your own copy. I contacted several record stores about carrying the cd and heard the same old crap everytime about how their "99 cent bins were already full". What losers. Also I'll be posting some new demos from a new project I'm starting. Maybe get some input on the ones that get recorded for real. Doesn't that sound like fun? Uhh hello???

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That stuff is really good man - and I hate country - so that should say something.

I prefer the more refined sounds of the Osborne Brothers, Doc Watson, The Dillards, Pantera and Crowbar...go figure.

Regardless, I liked it...

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Except Hank Sr. I really like Hank Sr. And Patsy Cline.

10:35 AM  
Blogger wrecksE said...

Thanks JT, Hank Sr. and Pantera in (almost) the same sentence hmmm... that might be a first. But I think Hank had more in common with Jackyl than Rascal Flatts so I'm with ya.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say...

I was rasied by two hillbillys - one from Kentucky and one from West Virginia - that had moved to the City, so I got the best of both worlds. Plus, when I grew up, I got the heck out of the City and back to where I belonged...

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wrecksie,

I like your blogs.I enjoy readiong them.Listened to some of your music.I've never heard any of yours.Cute song about "yesterday or 100 yrs"Is my best friend Joe as in my bro Joe?

3:28 PM  
Blogger wrecksE said...

Hey Andyswife, thanks for checkin' in! Yep, that would be him :)

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...I put this buried in an old post because you don't have an email thingy and I didn't want to embarrass you...you seem quite humble.

I finally went to your MYSPACE account to listen to your music. I know it is December and all...I'm sssslslow.

WOW!!!! I could go back and memorize the titles, but I'm daft today. The slow song with the person who is no longer there (wow I should be blonde again) is beautiful and the last of the four...well, if I was a big-time country sanger (not singer) I would've bought that sucker up.

Btw....you have an absolutely wonderful voice. I bet you can do an awesome imitation of Dwight Yockum (sp?) I have Buenos Noches from a Lonely Room...he has throatier stuff that reminds me of you...not completely (I'm trying so hard not to offend you) but somewhat.

What I'm trying to say is COOL FREAKIN' STUFF AND COOL FREAKIN' VOICE. God has given you a gift and you are trying to use it. Cool beans. :)

Sorry to be such a dork!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home