Monday, October 02, 2006

Democrats to save the Children...
So I'm watching a clip from Fox news today. Chris Wallace is interviewing Newt Gingrich and congresswoman Jane Harman, a democrat from California, about the Mark Foley scandal. So I'm sitting there thinking I know this chick is going to have some smack down for the pervy republican but what could it possibly be? I mean, it can't be because he's gay, they're fighting for his right to marry another dude if he wants to. It can't be deviant behaviour, thats some kind of right wing nonsense. So I wait and am richly amused when she pulls THIS angle. She's a mother and a grandmother, and she's deathly concerned for these poor, vulnerable children. These parents send their children into Washington to be pages and now they have to worry about these predators. The irony seems to have no limit here. Heres a woman that credits her first office victory to a grassroots effort of pro-abortion (I mean choice,) goups, organized labor, and progressive activists. Sounds like the same groups that would be all for allowing a 16-year-old in Oregon go and get an abortion without even telling her parents. Is it that girls mature faster than boys? Is a sixteen year old girl a well adjusted adult fully capable of making life altering (or ending) descisions but a sixteen year old guy flirting with an old man on the instant messenger is a helpless child? Come to think of it I'm not sure which one creeps me out more...but thats just me. At least I can rest a little easier knowing that the lefties are looking out for the "children" Oops I just threw up in my mouth again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ssssteve said...

Firrrrrssssst!

Dude, Dead on!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

btw, I was at the coast for E's birthday and I went into this 2nd time around music shop. I found a Benny Hester album, Carmen (some o dat, comin' on strong, and another one) tapes. I also found a Crumbacher tape, didn't buy it though, now I think I should have. Man it was good to hear "spirit filled pizza" again! HA!

2:23 PM  
Blogger wrecksE said...

Thats awesome. I found Rez Bands Hostage on vinyl at the goodwill. now I just need a record player...
Bennie Hester, I had totally forgotten about him. Dang, being young was cool, I want a do-over...

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home