Sunday, February 04, 2007

WINTER VACATION
So I had a few days off between jobs and I decided to head over to the Smokey Mountains for a long weekend. I booked a "cabin" online and headed over Thursday morning. Now it's hard to tell a lot about a place online as it turns out. The "cabin" turned out to be more like a upscale A-frame apartment in a upscale A-frame apartment community. The "wooded view" was breathtaking until you looked past the woods at the totally run down trailer park with garbage literally spilling down the other side of the "valley". Overall it was very relaxing but by this morning I was having serious computer withdrawals and approaching boredom. I think next time I take a trip I'll head out west and see some PEOPLE...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sezme said...

When I was little I used to think the Smokey Mountains were really smokey all the time. Had they been, that might have helped out your "view" a bit by blocking the not-so-nice scenery.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

you bet your A__ you had better!!!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home