Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Happy New Year everybody!!! According to my hit counter, "everybody" is like 1.5 persons per day, who stay for 8 seconds and then say oops, or something now. I don't mean to brag, it's just a fact.
I'm looking forward to a new year with more optimism than I can remember in the last few. Not really sure why, but I'll take it. I was watching Joel Osteen yesterday afternoon and he made an interesting analogy. The reason the windshield on your car is so much bigger than the rear view mirror is because where you're going is that much more important than where you've been. He also reminded that, it's not where you start in life , but where you finish. The new year always seems like a good time to make positive changes and, unlike the Titans yesterday, I'm going to focus on finishing strong. Oh, and I'm going to post more and get my numbers up to maybe three people a day that stop by and say uhhh what? and move on...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happyt New Year....

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhhhhh.....what?

Two posts within a couple of days? Things are looking up for you! ;P

Happy New Year!

10:23 AM  
Blogger RHV said...

Woot woot! Happy New Year!!!

Well, I tried to post something tonight, but my computer just doesn't want to cooperate.

In fact, it took so long to get to this point to leave you a comment, I've forgotten what your post said. Something about New Years resolutions. Well... best to luck to ya! :)~

Love Ya!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

You don't ned advice from a terrible blogger like me, but the best advice I ever received was "post often and the hits will come." Just my $0.02.

Happy New Year!

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Funny you mentioned Joel Osteen--I watched the same program! I like him 'cause he always seems positive and inserts humor and he keeps your attention. As a matter of fact, I called my favorite cousin afterwards and told her about what he said about looking forward and not backwards. Her daddy died a little over a year ago and she's having a hard time dealing with it. Turns out another cousin had given her one of his books. I, too, hope to make some changes in my life. Small world!

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that joel guy blinks too much and I end up just looking at his eyes and not hearing a thing he says! HA! Besides, your Dad would have said he just tickles the ears! HEHE!

8:34 PM  
Blogger wrecksE said...

great. I had not noticed the blinking...now that will drive me crazy...

Happy New Year to you Pin. You coming to the Perry, Georgia rally? (thats RV rally and not the pointy hats kind, to the readers,...you can never be too clear, we are talking about Georgia after all)

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never noticed any blinking either!

Gee, someone's been listening to the MSM! What part of GA is Perry in? And just for the record, I've lived here all my life and never knew or seen anyone in the klan--which I believe was started in Ohio or Ind.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home