Wednesday, November 22, 2006

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
My theme song the last couple of years is by a guy named Paul Thorn. The chorus says "I have a good day every now and then/I count my blessings on one hand/I start believing the sun will shine again/I have a good day every now and then". But on Thanksgiving eve I find myself thinking of all the the things I'm thankful for, and it's a lot more than on one hand, but here's my top five.
1. The Good Lord still loves me even when I don't always know why.
2. I don't want to say my familys more awesome than yours, but well, they are...
3. My dog jumps up and down like it's Christmas morning every time I come home.
4. I live in a country where I can do and be whatever I want, if I find enough motivation...
5. You can still catch a break as a songwriter long after you're too old to be the artist...and the songwriters get paid first.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ssssteve said...

Firssssst!! Right on bro. especially the part about our family being better! HA! See ya in a couple of days!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just think, in country music, where everyone remakes everyone's songs, you could get paid multiple times over the span of ten years or so.

Have an awesome Thanksgiving! And yes, we do live in the best diggity country in the world!

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving ;)

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home