Wednesday, November 01, 2006

WHY AM I SUCH A HATER???
So, I'm driving home tonight and I'm following a car with a bumper sticker that said "I support the separation of church and hate". From the other various other stickers, I assume the driver of the car was a supporter of gay marriage. So I'm asking myself, why does somebody come to the conclusion that because I fundamentally disagree with them that I hate them? When I was married, the wife and I went out to dinner with an old friend of hers and his "life partner" we had a blast sharing stories about a particular theme park that we had all worked at at different times. They didn't make out at the table and we didn't either. Everybody got along just fine. Why is it that if you are pro-life you're assumed to be an abortion clinic picketing hater? In my own circle of friends I know four couples that have had the opportunity to become a family through adopting kids. I don't hate people that have had abortions, I just don't think it's the best choice. On a side note, why doesn't the "keep your laws off my body" mantra work for he ladies that are willing to rent out the interesting parts?...just a hypothetical...really. The only conclusion I've come to is that the left only see's right wingers as they see themselves. Have you ever met an athiest who is cool with you NOT being one? I have not. So using that logic I've come to the conclusion that everyone who is pro-choice hates children and secretly wishes they were all dead. Am I wrong?

4 Comments:

Blogger Sezme said...

Great post...and no, you are not wrong.

My cousin is gay. I am a born again Christian (potty mouth and mind disclaimer) and I was the first out of my "enlightened" family to invite him and his boyfriend (now Vermont "married" husband) to family events. I don't say anything, even when I am creeped out by my cousin "checking out" the same guys as me...ewww...I see it as a sin, just as I see a lot of what I do as a sins.

I'm probably one of the most tolerant people in my ultra-liberal workplace...yet my views are seen as fascist. Go figure.

6:54 PM  
Blogger RHV said...

Hmmm...

I'm fine with the fruities as long as they behave themselves in public. As you said...

I don't make out in public, and I don't wanna see them do it neither.

Let's keep it behind closed doors people!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Tyler said...

RT nailed it with her last statement.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate people, even when I don't fundamentally disagree with them. But that's because I am an intolerant right wing fascist

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home