Sunday, December 03, 2006

CAREER TEST
So out of sheer boredom, and too much time on my hands, I've been avoiding mowing my yard one last time before it's frozen solid, by taking career aptitude tests. Basically they ask a bunch of questions about what you like and dis-like and then tell you what you'd probably like in a job. They descided I was a creative/analytical, which is probably career day talk for "unemployable schizophrenic who never finishes anything". The top suggestion was being an architect. Yeah, that would be swell if I had ten years or so to take off work and go back to school. My favorite was number five. Musician. They list the salary as 40-60 thousand dollars a year. Now I don't know what parallel universe these people live in, but if the word gets out to the guys making fifty dollars a night down on lower Broadway things are going to get ugly. I think I'm just going to keep taking the test until I can think like a CEO.
BTW, If you haven't already, go by RT's and wish her a Happy Birthday (this means you Ssssteve, I think y'all are the last two people reading this nonsense)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you.

I took one of those tests once. I came back as lawyer (used to want to be one) and English teacher. Ugh.

How about really gifted and wealthy writer???? Maybe someday I'll create a Potter-esque craze and become really, really rich! I'll rule the world! Ooops...Mongress started to get excited there for a second.

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...and your profile says that you are a Sag. as well...so when is your birthday?????

If you read a profile for Sags you will see that we are following true to type. Scary.

8:55 PM  
Blogger wrecksE said...

I'll have to check that profile out...Mine is on the 9th. I'm going to start skipping them before too long :)

4:44 AM  
Blogger Ssssteve said...

HAPPY BIRTHDa..... Oh wait wrong blog, Crap! now what was it I was going to say, Oh yeah! Mark Roth gave me one of those once and he just laughed at me when I wanted the results! Now what do you think that meant?

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Sssssteve...guess I have to thank you here.

Would the answer to your secret be sasquatch?

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you ever going to post something else?

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home