Saturday, January 27, 2007

PET PEEVES PT.1
So I found myself sitting in an orientation meeting the other day. Out of ten people, three of them felt obligated to chew and pop their chewing gum as if to the keep the world turning. I can't think I'm the only person in the world who finds this incredibly annoying. I mean, it's like eating with your mouth wide open but better. At least when your eating something, eventually you swallow it and the suffering ends. Gum, on the other hand, can last for hours. I'd rather sit next to someone with bad breath and BO smoking a cheap damp cigar and blowing smoke in my general direction, than have my central nervous system attacked by that incessant chomp/pop noise. Am I over reacting??? I just can't think of anything that says I have bad manners and no class better than eating with your mouth open for three hours, but that's just me. Yes, party of one for the non gum popping section please...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think gum-popping may be my #1 pet peeve, also! I usually stare at them in hopes they'll take a hint but, of course, they have no clue! I will leave the area, if possible--it's that or go for the throat! Just thinking about it raises my BP!

12:47 PM  
Blogger wrecksE said...

Yeah I tried the evil sideways glance but it didn't work for me either :)

2:05 PM  
Blogger Sezme said...

Don't you just love when the cashiers do it? Ugh! Sooooo annoying! It really is annoying and rude. There is no reason for adults to chew gum like a cow.

6:42 PM  
Blogger wrecksE said...

Exactly, RT, cashiers or anywhere I can't get away from them.

Um, thanks I think Pin, now lose the gum (I'm looking at you like a filthy worm)

Do I really do that??? :)

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're over-reacting...

9:24 AM  
Blogger wrecksE said...

Ha, probably, but I HATE that...

4:52 PM  
Blogger LBJ said...

Could be worse. . we could have

"Red Bull Energy Gum".

CHEW MORE . . . DO MORE !"

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home